Saturday, December 20, 2008

Reading

I did pick out a 3rd book, The Queen of Spades and Other Stories by Alexander Pushkin.  It is a short book of 6 stories and I have already read 4.  I don't know what it is about Russian novels but I just like them and now I guess it goes for short stories as well.  I haven't read any Pushkin before but these short stories have just been kind of fun reading.  

I have pushing War & Peace and Plague Dogs to the background for now because I really want to make sure I get my 30 books read in 2008.  I have a stack of books I want to get read but finding 30 for 2009 might be a little tough.  I might just stick with my original goal of 24 or average 2 a month.

I really need to look back and find my post from the beginning of the year where I set out a few goals and see how I did this year.  The reading goal was the one that stuck out most in my mind.  I think there was a gardening one that I guess I barely did.  I think there was also a running one that I probably didn't do.  Some others that I kind of vaguely remember like going to a college baseball game and I think some other sport as well.

Well, I did to the community center tonight and put 2 miles in--lots of walking and some light jogging--on a tread mill.  I really don't like treadmills, just really boring.  Debbie took a nap this afternoon with Angie so I had to wait until they woke up and by then it was already dark.  I really don't like running on streets in the dark, especially during Winter when drivers are really not expecting anyone to be out and about.  Since I was at the community center, I also did some light weight lifting.  I know I mention this way too often, but I really need to start waking up early and doing this before work at least once or twice a week--maybe a new goal for 2009.

Well, it is very late, but I might put a few more pages in before calling it.

No comments: