Saturday, July 17, 2010

Ordinary Springs--#43 finished

A pretty good book about the screwed up life and family of a teenager that grows into a young responsible 20 something. Time frame on the book is not mentioned but I figure it in the late 1960s into the 1970s if I had to guess. Pretty good like I said but some of the stuff is a little over the top as far as how their lives played out. This family was a focal point of screwed up stuff and keeping secrets to the point of destroying their lives. Not really sure I bought all of that but then again, small town, 1970s, southern mindset, it could be possible. A good and interesting read. Dory, the daughter, at the end does seemed to have come around with an understanding and you believe while she will make mistakes like everyone, she knows not to compound them by pushing them back but instead confront them. The characters do make you think overall and like I said I did enjoy the book.

I have posted it on PBS, I think there were already 2 copies posted so it might sit for a while. That is okay, I wanted to get some of the books with small number of copies read so they might move down the line.

No comments: