Monday, July 5, 2010

The Third Secret--#40 finished

This was an interesting read, it involved a Vatican coverup of Fatima's 3rd secret. This was a Marian apparition in Fatima Portugal in the 19-teens, can't remember if right before WWI or at the beginning of the war. It is a very interesting story, Mary appeared to 3 children and Lucia, the only that survived after a few years, was given a 3rd Secret by Mary. The first two secrets I think were revealed right away or just a few years later. This 3rd secret wasn't supposed to be read until 1960. Lucia became a nun and eventually wrote down the secret in a stamped and sealed envelope and off it went to the Pope. John XXIII opened it in 1960 and read it but did not reveal it, it wasn't until John Paul II in the 1990s or something like that, revealed it. Lucia was still alive but was not allowed to speak about the secret. I am sorry, but this is just a great story, I really need to find a good Fatima book. Well in this book, it also worked in the Medjugorje and the St Malachy prophecy. I think it worked well enough, I am guessing the church wasn't too happy with this book when it came out but oh well.

Like I said an interesting read but not a great book. Does make one want to learn more about some of the stuff going on in the book though. This is a book that I got from a PBS transaction, but the spine cracked, probably in the mail since I think I got a couple of other books with it that were in good shape. I got this about a year ago, so it has been sitting on my shelf for a while. Well, I cannot pass it along through PBS, so it might end up at Goodwill if I can paste the spine back together decent enough.

Speaking of PBS, I had two books get requested over the weekend, Home School and 2007 Eleven--probably the 2 books that I have liked the least this year. I am glad that I get to mail them off, but kind of sad too since I can't imagine the next person getting these will enjoy them, but everyone has their own tastes so who knows.

No comments: