Friday, November 26, 2010

Thanksgiving Day run

It is a very low key run/mostly walk. There were maybe 30 people out there, 6 that said they were runners, rest walkers. It started at 7:30 in the morning on Thanksgiving Day. It was supposed to be about a 3.4 mile run but before it started they said it would be shorter because of high water was across the path. Their guess was maybe 3 miles. It ended up being only 2.66 but that is fine, can't help the weather. I was 6th out of the 6 runners, pretty far back from 5th, I didn't see her for the last 1/2 mile--she was probably finished. I came in at just under 30 minutes, something like 29:55, I think it averaged out to 11:35 per mile. First mile was 10:22, 2nd at 12:06 and last .66 at 11:35. I will take that since I have been very slow for the last month of my running.

Not sure when I will get a run in this weekend. Maybe try to get a couple but not sure at this point.

No comments: