Sunday, July 22, 2012

Daughters of the North--#40 finished

A futuristic book of England and I guess the world, where everything goes to crap.  A woman around 30, leaves her life and walks to an off the grid commune of women.  This commune has been surviving on it's own for several years while the rest of society is locked into war, famine and failing government.    An interesting read and a short read, only a little over 200 pages.  It gives the reader something to think about but lots left unsaid or untouched upon.  A very different ending than I expected but the ending was also kind of abrupt, I really kind of liked it in that sense.  It was different than the other stuff I have been reading so it was a nice quick change of pace.

There is 1 WL for Daughters of the North so I have posted it, hope to get it in the mail this week.  I just started The Secret Soldier, a book I just received from a PBS member.  I am still reading Growgirl, 155 pages in with around 130 remaining--different and so far just okay but get through it.  Also started reading Rather Die Fighting a WWII memoir, only 20 or so pages into it.

No comments: