Tuesday, July 31, 2012

The Secret Soldier--#43 finished

This is the 2nd John Wells series book that I have read & I really liked this one.  If I remember without checking back, I think the Midnight House was just okay but this book really stepped up with a realistic scenario and storyline and that just made the book that much more interesting.  I will have to find the earlier books in the John Well series and read them forward.  Okay about this book, an new terrorist group in Saudi Arabia forms to disrupt the SA government and backstabbing happens within the group as well.  With a still ongoing "Arab Spring" happening in Syria and elsewhere, this book in a way asks the question of why nothing is happening like that in SA.  I really interesting read and lots of good info on the Middle East.

I will be posting it on PBS probably soon, I think there are around 15 WL for it.  It will be a nice book to read for whoever is next.   I am not far with Love Kills and just started Radical Chic & Mau-Mauing the Flak Catchers--an early Tom Wolfe book/short stories.  Also just started F is for Fugitive the next one for me in order.  I had actually read this one back in 1998 and from the first few pages I kind of remember stuff but being that long ago a re-read is in order.

No comments: