Friday, November 23, 2012

Goodnight Steve McQueen--#63 finished

This is the 3rd book by this author, Louise Wener, that I have enjoyed.  She was a singer in Britain that made the charts and has switched over to writing.  I haven't listened to any of her songs or singing but I do enjoy her books.  This one is about a couple that has been together for a while and has kind of stagnated.  She has a good job and is basically supporting him while he works part time and is in a band seemingly going nowhere.  She gives him an ultimatum that within a few months something has to change--band has to get something going or he has to find a job.  The band scraps together a tour as the warmup act to a pop band/singer that he, Danny, knows.  They don't get paid but get exposure.  All the while she, Alison, has been transferred to Belgian.  Relationship problems, band problems, goofy band members and other kind of strange/quirky friends.  Throw in just kind of crazy thoughts and it is an interesting read.

I have posted it on PBS, there were already 7 copies on the system so I doubt it moves for a while but good book but no need to keep it either.  I just started Exposure the other day and pushed a head on No Greater Courage--just pushed over 100 pages into it today.  I will probably look to add a 3rd book tonight as well.

No comments: