Tuesday, November 6, 2012

My Mother's Lover--#59 finished

I finished this book tonight but still not sure how I feel about it.  I had been reading it for maybe a month or not quite.  The only child, a son, of a pioneering woman in South Africa, looks back at his mom's life and the times of Africa starting in the '50s to present day.  It is a fiction account but at first I thought it was non-fiction.  Very believable characters and an interesting story of them and Africa.  Still overall I am thinking it was just okay.

I will probably be posting it on PBS sometime soon, there is 1 WL for it.  It has had 1 WL for a while now--maybe a year since I picked up the book at a library sale.  I would like to mail it off if I can.

I am still reading Zone One and also Goodnight Steve McQueen.  I will be looking for a 3rd book to start tonight or within the next couple of nights.

No comments: