Friday, January 18, 2013

Running

I am back running again.  It had been almost a month or maybe a little more than a month since I had run.  A couple things happened that kicked it back in gear for me.  1. At work we are doing a biggest loser contest.  Each person who wanted in paid $25 and the top 3 will get in the money.  I think there are 12 people in so some decent money if I get first.  My goal is to lose at least 20 pounds and I think that is doable.  Not sure if that will win it but should get me in the money but even if not I will be 20 pounds lighter.

2. I found a half marathon at the end of March here in St Louis for Down Syndrome awareness.  It is not a big event and is actually pretty close to my house so it fits for all reasons.

We weighed in on Wed 1/9 and I ran on Saturday morning--4 miles.  Then on a very cold Sunday night I ran 2 miles outside.  Then Monday & Tuesday I ran 3 miles each night at the community center.  Then Thursday I ran 4 miles outside.  No run tonight but I will get a run in on both Saturday & Sunday.  My mile times are not bad, all runs averaged below 13 minutes and the Thursday run the first two miles were below 12 minutes and overall I think it was 12:20 average.

I am also dropping some weight by sticking with some simple rules to start--no fast food, no soda, eat a salad as one meal a day and no late night snacking.  Those and exercise pretty simple start and am down 7 or 8 pounds.

No comments: