Thursday, April 25, 2013

Once a Runner--#19 finished

This is probably the most classic runner book out there.  Written in the 1970s, it is funny how it still holds up today in many ways.  It really gives someone a little insight into running, especially training at a high level--really good stuff.  I was never really good at track back in high school but I now kind of wish I could have read this book back then.  At the time I thought I was in good shape but looking back, I had no clue.  Oh well, there was only one family that was running year round and 5 or more nights a week, so even if I would have read the book it probably wouldn't have changed me.

Fun book and at this point I will keep it.  I can see myself grabbing it again down the road to read or loaning out.  I do have the sequel that author wrote years later so might try to read that in the coming months.

No comments: