Friday, August 8, 2014

Harry Potter and the Socerer's Stone--#48 finished

Being years behind everyone else, I have finally started the Harry Potter series.  I have also only caught bits and pieces of the movies.  I know from hearing people talk about it basically what it is about though.  Finally read the first book in the series and it was good but in more of a children's book way than I thought it would be.  After reading the Hunger Games series and a couple Twilight books, I guess I expected this to be more grown up but have been told it gets older sounding as Harry gets older.   Still good book and good story and can see why it became popular, maybe not crazy popular though.

The copy I have is a beaten up book so I will be keeping it.  Also will keep in case younger kids want to read the series.

No comments: