Monday, January 2, 2023

Stalingrad--#3 finished

 This is one I had been working on for some time, I think started it back in November.  A lot of good information here about the different armies involved in Germany advancing into USSR and getting stalled at Stalingrad and then the USSR surprise offensive that circled the German army and wore it down to almost nothing to where it had to surrender.  Really interesting to see the interplay between the German generals and Hitler.  The propaganda the Germans used to justify there invasion sounds in some ways similar to what Putin used to justify his invasion of Ukraine.  This is still a time and battle of such enormous size that I really can't put my head around it--just such a huge waste of life.

This book is older & a little beaten up so I will not be posting it on PBS, for now is a keeper.

No comments: