Monday, June 16, 2008

6 miles Sunday

Sunday evening I was able to get a run in. I took my route which can go for 1 mile and back or extend out to 3 miles out & 3 back for six in total. There was a thunderstorm warning so I figured this was a good safe route so I could turn back at any time if needed. Well I started off thinking 4 or 5 miles would do but ended up doing the full 6 miles. It felt good. My times were slow probably averaging around 12:30 or 12:40 but all of the miles were under 13:00--2 or 3 were 12:50 something though. The fastest mile was around 12:10. I didn't take any water on the run and while that might have helped I also think it just gives me something else to think about and not just pushing on with the run.

I don't know when the next run will be. I was thinking about trying to get up early and run tomorrow, but since it is after 1am, I doubt that is going to happen. I did work out on the front lawn tonight after getting home from work. I was out there for about 2 & 1/2 hours, mowing, triming bushes, pulling weeds, raking the clippings, etc. While maybe not a strong workout, I probably burned a few calories at least.

No comments: