Friday, June 20, 2008

More Books

A couple of days ago I had to return an overdue book that my son had checked out from the school book mobile. Of course when returning it I had to check out there "For Sale" books. I picked up 3 of them. First, The Complete Henry Bech by John Updike, I think I have a Bech book somewhere on the shelves and have read it or maybe I am confused with a Vonnegut book--not really sure. Even with not being entralled with Witches so far I figured this would be a good buy.

Second book is But Not To Keep by Roger Kahn. I have read book or two of his baseball stories and figured I would take a shot with this book. Not really sure what it is about, but I think this is not a baseball one.

Third is The Parent's Guide to Coaching Physically Challenged Children. Not sure if this will really apply to Thomas since physically he is pretty typical a many ways but for a quarter figured it could do no wrong. Yes each of the books was only a quarter.

Today I was out and about and was driving past the other library that is close & stopped in to check out their "For Sale" books. I found another 5 books, I might have a problem.

Anyway here they are. First, White River Massacre by Karl Lassiter a history fiction novel, should be interesting. Second, My 15 Minutes, Sara Faith Alterman, her first novel. It is kind of a Hollywood story--low expectations but might be surprised. Third is Earrings by Eric Koch again a historical fiction type novel about Baden-Baden a few hundred years ago. Fourth is The Rail by Howard Owen. Has a baseball on the cover and that caught my eye so I bought it not sure of much else but skimmed the inside cover--kind of a wasted life type story. Finally the fifth book is High Wire a Bill Clinton story by a reporter from Arkansas. Don't know much besides this but just hoping for a little insight with not too much of a slant either way.

By the way I think this is my first double post on one day. Number 100 & now this, what a day--ha ha.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

thank you for the comment on my blog. It's funny how I seem to be getting more support from people I don't know or barely know but it's still awesome and helps to keep my motivated, so thank you!