Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Reading Update

Since finishing off Lord of the Rings my reading has taken a backseat to other things like mostly projects around the house & lawn care. With a vacation coming up I will probably be adding a 3rd book, something a little more of a page turner than the 2 I am working on right now.

First, I am still plodding away at The True Story of Fatima. I am not all that far into it yet, only 80 some pages, but it is interesting and kind of fun to see the reactions of the people around the children when the visions were starting. I will keep at it, but it is also easy to set this book aside for a few days also.

Next is The Witches of Eastwick by John Updike. I am somewhere over 100 pages read nearing on 1/3 of the way through but so far am not very impressed. I guess I just don't buy into or understand the witchcraft of the 3 main female characters. The main male character Darryl so far doesn't make much sense either--is he a witch(worlock?) or just a kind of weird person. Don't know at this point and that is fine--I don't mind having to read farther to find out, but I guess I just haven't connected with any of the characters enough to really be interested. I will probably push on, but I expect this book might take a while.

For my 3rd book I am right now looking at The Teeth of the Tiger by Clancy. My wife found this and a couple other books at a garage sale over the weekend for .50 each--not too bad. Another Clancy & a Grisham book none of which I have read--very good work by my wife. I expect the Teeth of the Tiger to be the nice vacation page turner I am looking for. Not sure if I will get started on it before vacation or not at this point.

No comments: