Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Run Through Some Stuff

I don't really have time to type much out tonight so it will just be some bullet points. In no particular order:

--Reading has been slow since finishing The Lord of the Rings. I still have The True Story of Fatima and have also grabbed and started The Witches of Eastwick--Updike. I might add another before our upcoming vacation--something light and easy.

--Been scraping paint off the garage. I hope to get a primer put on this week and maybe if all goes well to paint at least one side this weekend.

--No running, biking or tennis or just about any exercise being done. I will get something in this week, but don't know where/when yet.

--Buddy Walk was last Sunday at Forest Park. It was hot, very hot. I think the kids had fun but we kept them from the blow up jumping things figuring it would be too hot for them to be inside those for very long. The walk happened first, probably a 1 & 1/2 or so, that kind of wore the kids out also.

--My boss at work retired. Good for him, sucks for me and coworkers. He was a very good boss in the since he just let you do your job and did not micro-manage at all. Not sure yet who his replacement will be. Overall not too worried because I think I can work for just about anyone, but I don't want worst case scenerio either.

--Tomato plants are doing okay. Starting to get little flowers on them already. Probably need to get chicken wire out and keep rabbits away soon.

--Been thinking about biking to work, but haven't gotten any farther than just thinking about it.

No comments: