Thursday, August 14, 2008

2 miles

Finally did a short run yesterday of 2 miles. It was slow, 13:30 & 13:03 I think. Just glad to finally get something done. No run tonight though. This was the night I finally mowed the front lawn. I also pulled some weeds & raked up the clippings. All in all not a bad workout either I guess.

Right now my 2nd book is Uncle Tom's Cabin. I had bought this book a couple of years ago and started it and just never got very far. I am still not sure if I will get far with it or not this time either. Now though I am into my reading multiple books though so if boredom sets in I can easily switch away for a day or two or longer. I don't know why I hadn't tried reading more than one book at a time much earlier than I did. It was only last year and it was because I was fighting to get through Brothers Karamozov which was followed a little later by Atlas Shrugged. Both of those books almost required books being read on the side. Don't get me wrong though, I like both books very much, but I just couldn't read them day after day for extended periods of time. I needed breaks in reading them. Oh well, I might still add a 3rd book yet, I kind of want to but just haven't found that right 3rd book yet.

No comments: