Monday, August 18, 2008

Running

I had to get a run in last Saturday.  The women's Olympic marathon was being run Saturday night and I knew I would feel guilty watching it without getting a run in.  I was able to go Saturday afternoon to Creve Coeur Lake Park and do the short route around the Lake--4 miles.  It was slow, all miles above 13 minutes, but at least consistant in that all were below 13:35 I think also.  My legs felt a little worn during the 3rd mile, my lack of running is really catching up to them.  Of course my waistline is what is really growing since my lack of exercise most of this summer.

Tonight, Monday, I got a short 2 miles in.  This was even slower at 14 and 15 minutes.  The 2nd mile might not have actually been that slow though.  I ran in Woodson Park where my Garmin has acted funny in the past.  Of course, I am not too worried if it was really 14 instead of 15--slow either way.  I am just telling myself that I need to get these miles in, the time isn't that important.  

Tomorrow we are going to the Cardinals baseball game, so no running then and Wednesday is a maybe at this point.  Friday is my fantasy football auction and I think I just found out Thursday is a meet and greet the teachers at school or something like that.  My week is already about full.  I really need to stop staying up so late and start doing a little running in the morning.

No comments: