Monday, August 18, 2008

See You Later Alligator-finished

Yes, I am doing a 2nd post tonight.  I finished my 19th book of the year tonight, the William Buckley book See You Later Alligator.  Not really that impressed with it, it was just okay.  I know the main character Blackford Oakes is a serial(if that is the right word) for Buckley--in other words there is a series of Oakes books out there.  So maybe my feelings of not impressed could have to do with not reading the series in order.  I don't think this is the case but I guess it could be.  Unless I find another book in this series at a very good cost--like a $1 or under, I probably won't be reading another.  

I was interested in it because it dealt with Cuba and Che--two very interesting topics.  It seemed to gloss over these though and instead deal mostly with Oakes and other characters around him.  I understand it is fiction so maybe my expectations should not have been very high.  Oh well, like I said it was okay but nothing special in my eyes.

Now I am reading Uncle Tom's Cabin.  A book a bought a few years back brand new.  It is one of those that I figured I should read.  I had started it before and gotten through a few chapters before it stalled out.  I am somewhere over 100 pages so a good start on it and am interested in it.  I will be finishing it this time.

No idea yet on what my 2nd book will be.  The usual suspects I am sure will be considered maybe a Clancy, or a Grisham, there is a Richard Adams book about dogs and a few others also.  I will look for one tomorrow, it is too late to be bothered with trying to pick one out now.

No comments: