Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Stuff

I have noticed how I don't really like to title these things, especially when I don't have a whole lot to talk about.  Or in this case a few things but nothing that major.  I guess I will run through a little list thing that I like to do:

--Birthday was yesterday, 39, getting close to the 40.  I don't think 40 will bother me, 30 didn't and none of the years in between.  Of course, I have a full year to screw things up and then 40 might seem depressing by then as well.

--Went to the Cardinals baseball game yesterday for the B-day.  They lost what was a close game, it was 1-0 into the 9th.  The bullpen & defense gave up 3 runs in the top of the 9th basically ending the game or so we thought.  We stayed on to the end and the Cards did get the winning run to the plate.  Even though they lost you can see this team doesn't give up, they fought to the end.  Pujols almost hit against the right centerfield fence in the 8th also with one on that would tied it up, instead a very nice catch by the centerfielder ended the inning.

--I saw a link to paperbackswap.com on a message board I check out.  I checked it out and it looks pretty interesting.  I might be signing up.  Not sure how up to date their book lists are, but I have a few I could probably send away so might see how it works.  

--No 2nd or 3rd book picked out yet.  Was kicking around Plague Dogs by Richard Adams, same author as Watership Down which I really enjoyed.  Not sure I want to start it now though.  Nothing else jumping out at me right now though.  Might look at that Clancy book.  Haven't read anything in Uncle Tom's Cabin the last couple of days either.

--New computer.  We got a new computer over the weekend, a MAC.  I haven't used a MAC/Apple since high school or so.  Right now it acts just like my PC so no problems.  I don't really do too much complicated stuff with my computer so all should be good.  Hopefully Debbie will figure things out so she can let me know all of the little things I need to know about this.  We also got an Ipod with the purchase.  Debbie has it going, not sure I will ever get to use it though.

I guess that works for now.  I might kick around my books some more & see what I can come up with.

No comments: