Sunday, August 31, 2008

Last day of August

Well August was a busy month & it is finally at the end.  Of course September looks to be just as busy if not worse than August.  I guess it is better to be busy than have nothing going on.  

I finally looked at a race calendar for running & saw the Track Club 1/2 marathon is Nov 2nd--a Sunday.  Since it is getting very close as far as training for it goes, I printed out a plan from Hal Higdon and saw I was already 2 weeks behind.  I think I am going to do a modified plan off of my marathon plan.  I was kind of looking at that tonight but didn't make any decisions.  I want to get to 3 runs a week & would ideally like to do 4 but just figure that won't happen normally.  I did get 2 runs in this week.  A 3.6 on Wednesday & a 4.0 on Saturday.  Both were slow but at least got the miles in.  By the way there is also a 5k with the 1/2 that day, so I have a drop back plan if my training just doesn't make it.

My reading slowed down also this week.  I got a few pages in of the Clancy book but it has been probably a week since I got to Uncle Tom's Cabin.  I might try to get a few pages of each in yet tonight.

I am golfing, just 9 holes tomorrow morning so probably shouldn't be up too late tonight.  I also got 9 holes in last weekend.  It was a round of a lot of 3 puts, too much time between getting out there.  We are playing Berry Hill GC, it has been 3+ years since I have been there.  It is not the easy course like St Ann, so not expecting anything great score wise.

Football is starting up.  NE won their game yesterday against the MAC school Western Michigan.  I haven't even read a writeup of the game yet so don't ask me anything.  I hope NE gets back to winning but it is something that has really fallen off my care about list compared to years back.  It usually only takes a game or two of football, either pro or college, before I see too many flags for pass interference or roughing the passer penalties to where I start wishing for baseball to return.

A couple of topics I will probably touch on in the future are:  my fantasy football team & of course politics with Sarah Palin being choosen as McCain VP pick.

No comments: