Saturday, August 23, 2008

3 Miles In Today & the marathon

I forced myself to get in some kind of run today.  Just like last week, since the Olympics men's marathon was on tonight, I wanted to get a run in so I wouldn't feel like a slug watching it.  The 3 miles were slow of course, something like 12:30, 12:30 and 13:10 I think.  It was hot out and humid.  I went to the park close by and no one was there so I ran without a shirt today.  First time I had done this.  I figure people don't really want to see my hairy chest with a beer gut so I hadn't done this before.

I was really hoping the US men could have gotten a medal in the marathon, but 2 top 10 finishers is alright.  Ryan Hall was being touted but he didn't stay with the leaders when they really pushed the pace early.  It was an impressive performance by the Kenyan who won and the Morrocan who got silver, that they were not caught.  By the way the 2 top 10s, were Dustin Rits... at #9 & Hall at #10--again not great but also not that bad either.

No comments: