Saturday, April 24, 2010

Girl with a Pearl Earring--#25 finished

I knocked off two books in one day. I hadn't thought I would finish this one even this weekend since I was about 150 pages away from finishing it but I started reading it and it just kind of took off today. I actually read some in my other books as well since it was a good day for reading--rainy.

I liked the book, it was about the Dutch painter Vermeer and a maid that he painted. The maid was the main character of the book and I thought it brought up a lot of interesting insights about the time and the people. A good book. It is late so I don't want to go to much into it.

I will not be able to post it on PBS because the book has a water stain on the last 30 or so pages. It was a book that I got in a Book Bazaar deal, that should not have been sent out because of that stain. I might add it to my unpostable list or maybe look to donate to the library or elsewhere instead.

No comments: