Saturday, April 3, 2010

Rules of Vengeance--#20 finished

This was the next novel after Rules of Deception by Christopher Reich. Both books were good, I probably liked the first book a little better though at least from what I remember. This I do like the two main characters Emma & Jonathan Ransom. Emma being the spy and Jonathan the doctor that thought he had a good marriage going only to realize his wife's life is a complete lie. This book goes more off course with Emma now being a double agent for Russia, when in last book she was a US agent. Of course the end of the book now makes it seem like she is back to the US side while putting one over on the Russians. Kind of confusing. Also realism really got stretched on this book with Jonathan being able to stay a step ahead of everyone while tracking down his wife. Still a pretty good page turner so overall a good book. A 3rd in this series is coming out sometime this year & I have it on my WL.

This book is wanted by around 45 people so I will probably be mailing it out in the next couple of weeks. I mailed 7 books last week and order a bunch also so I am in no real hurry to do a lot with my account right now. Will just kind of let everything make its way around before posting more to mail. Of course I could get a request for a book and I might post this one just so I can take two to the post office also.

I am reading The Yacoubian Building still, going slow only 64 pages in so far. Reading The Shelters of Stone the next in line of the Clan of the Cave Bear series, only 110 pages in & so far good stuff. Finally also reading Charles Kuralt, A Life on the Road. I remember watching him on Sunday mornings & really liking his stories each week. So far the book has been interesting, even with it being dated, published in 1990. I am 204 pages into with, so about 130 pages to go. I might grab another book right away also, will just have to see.

No comments: