Monday, April 5, 2010

A Life on the Road--#21 finished

I remember watching Charles Kuralt's show on Sunday mornings on CBS and really liked his segments where he showed normal people doing interesting things. I really enjoyed this book also, brought back some good memories of his show. I really don't remember any certain segments but just remember that I liked watching it. This book isn't really an autobiography but he does cover large parts of his life and what went on as well as mixing in what he was doing for CBS. A really interesting career and an interesting person. He certainly could have competed for the Walter Croncikes(however his named is spelled), and Tom Brokaws of the world but instead figured out that traveling the country and meeting everyday people was more enjoyable. I am really glad that I read this book.

There are already 35 copies of the book on PBS so I don't expect it to be going anywhere but will leave it on my bookshelf for a while I guess.

No comments: