Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Running After Antelope--#26 finished

This is a book of short stories by Scott Carrier. Scott is in each of the stories, it is kind of about parts of his life as a writer/reporter/radio program producer. Some interesting stuff and some not so, overall I would say okay. He talked about some of his travels to Mexico and Cambodia. I think the story about his hitchhiking from Utah to New York city was pretty interesting. I was reminded of Poe Ballantine's book Things I Like About America several times while reading this. The 2nd to last chapter, Scott was in Mexico talking to a volunteer/political observer and in their conversations it comes up that she basically hates America and Scott basically agrees. Now he doesn't really explain this so I am not sure if he really meant it or not but it did leave a sour taste in my mouth.

Overall though some decent stuff in the book. It is short, only 128 pages so it is a quick read too. There was enough interesting stuff to keep it moving. I have posted it on PBS, it is the only copy on the system so I would think it will move before long. I received it as part of a 4 for 1 Book Bazaar deal so if it moves I will have already gotten my credit back.

Just a quick note to the people that have been leaving comments, thank you for the comments but unfortunately I cannot read them. I am guessing it is Chinese. If you could leave comments in English that would be helpful so I could respond if needed but if not okay. Still sort of nice to know someone out there found this blog.

No comments: