Thursday, August 29, 2013

Expecting to Fly--#41 finished

Wow, a really powerful and emotional book about a teenaged girl in the '60s that started on drugs and into more destructive things in late high school & into college years.  Author really seems to get into the heart of the girl and while to me the girl was not sympathetic, it seemed very real and almost unstoppable.  Just the start of it through the many different drugs is really very scary story for a parent to read.  I really just makes me hope that we have done well to avoid our kids getting to this point or area of life.  Hopefully, we have taught them to make better decisions than the girl in this book.

I will probably post it on PBS at some point soon.  There are no copies on system and I would expect it would move pretty quick.

No comments: