Sunday, September 8, 2013

What I Talk About When I Talk About Running--#44 finished

This is a book by and about Haruki Murakami a Japanese author that is pretty interesting.  He has written several novels, I haven't read any though, but this is instead about himself, a kind of memoir.  He is also a runner, usually doing a marathon and a triathlon a year.  It was interesting to read him talk about himself as far as training and how the exercise has become more than a routine but is really just a part of who he is.  He has an easy writing style that has an easy flow to it, it makes me look forward to tracking down one of his novels and trying it out.  I liked this book and I think he had some really interesting perspectives with his running, since I am a sort of runner, it was nice to read.

I will post it on PBS at some point, there are plenty of WL for it.  I am still working on Skeleton Crew and getting it closer to finished, still a hundred some pages to go.  I am also reading Laura Ingraham's latest book, which is just short thoughts on things that bug her--something about muffin tops in the title. I also just started a Civil War novel, I think it is the Judas Field.  I will probably just continue with these 3 for now maybe adding something later this week.

No comments: