Saturday, December 27, 2014

The Noble Hustle--#77 finished


Writer Colson Whitehead gets offered entry into the World Series of Poker in exchange for some magazine articles and takes them up.  He is just a house game player so the book is about what he did to get ready and tangents off into trip after college took him to Vegas and just about stuff in his life in general.  I have read a couple of his books and generally liked them.  I have a couple more in my book room that I haven't been able to start on yet too.  I really liked this book because it was easy to place myself in his shoes as in getting ready for the WSOP if the offer happened to me.  Also interesting at end hearing about his coaches and their advice.  Not much heavy poker info, if that is what you are looking for but just a good read with lots of insights into poker and the author. 

I don't think I will be keeping the book but might give it some more thought--it is a good read and would be good for anyone thinking about trying out professional poker.  I got it from PBS and there are around 30 or maybe 40 WL for it so have plenty of time to decide on keeping or not.  

This will probably be my last read/finished book of 2014.  I will probably look to do a recap on 2014 in the next week or so.

No comments: