Tuesday, May 26, 2020

A Song for Nero--#44 finished

I finished this last weekend after way too long--I started at least in March & might have been end of February.  I am not sure why I pushed on with this book, I really didn't like it from the start.  I liked the idea of the book more than what I was reading and the reading I think needed an editor and this book could have been cut in half.  The idea that Roman Emperor Nero escaped and lived a sort of simple life on the move with most everyone believing he was killed, sounded like a neat idea for a book.  This book was way too long and just too much that just didn't make sense.  Because it was nearing 600 pages, there are some points where it was entertaining but overall just a waste of time.  This is a book that has been on my shelf for years and finally talked myself into reading it, I think that was why I had to stick with it since I had it for so long.

There is a minor stain on the book so I cannot post on PBS, it will go into my giveaway pile.

No comments: