Sunday, May 17, 2020

But Enough About Me--#41 finished

This is Burt Reynolds memoir.  I grew up in the 1970s and 80s and so of course know some of Burt Reynolds work from more serious roles like Deliverance and The Longest Yard to the happy funny things Smokey & the Bandit and Cannonball Run.  Boogie Nights was kind of a re-boot to his career, I think he was really good in that.  I didn't know much of his career that was before my time--his Tonight Show hosting, or his longtime relationship with Dinah Shore.  It was also interesting to hear about his growing up and playing football and then an injury in college forced him to look for something else & he found acting.  It is a fun read and nice memories of people and friends he mentions.

I will post at some point on PBS, there are 5 WL for it but I had just mailed off some books so should be okay for a little while on my PBS credits.

No comments: