Sunday, May 17, 2020

Sin Bravely--#42 finished

A different kind of memoir I guess.  Maggie Rowe is a writer, comedian and probably more in Hollywood.  I am not familiar with her really though, the title of the book is probably what hooked me to pick it up.  Growing up she had a real fear of going to heaven.  Her family is Evangelical but maybe not as committed as she is/was?  She kept saying all she had to do was believe to get to heaven but she was never sure if her belief was true enough.  She spent a summer after freshman year of college at an Evangelical help clinic and most of the book is about that.  The other people there the group sessions and the counselors she saw.  I didn't really find any of this that funny and really just felt sorry for almost everyone involved.  Not a fan of this book.

There are 6 WL for this book so I will be mailing it off at some point soon but like mentioned in other post, no big hurry to mail more off right now.

No comments: