Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Reading & Books

Reading & books are taking up a lot more of my time lately.  PaperBackSwap has to be a big part of the reason.  I am really enjoying figuring out the website and trying to find books to post on there that people want.  I have been hitting the local libraries sales tables quite a bit lately--tonight I went before going grocery shopping & bought 8 books.  I posted 2 right away, on one my copy is the only one on the system and the other posted is the 2nd one on the system.  I expect both of these books to get picked up within a month.  Of the remaining 6 books, 4 are on Wish Lists, one has only 1 or 2 copies and one isn't on the system at all.  

I received my first book from the site today, Mari Sandoz' Crazy Horse.  It is in good condition and I am actually kind of excited about getting it.  I am not sure when I will be able to start reading it, probably after War & Peace is done.  I have mailed one book that hasn't arrived to the person yet--The Biography of Ancient Israel and another book will be getting mailed tomorrow--Plum Lucky.  I will have 3 credits then to be used and don't really have a book in mind for them yet.

PBS has even affected my reading habits I guess.  I am now reading Moon Over Toyko since it is on 20 some people's Wish Lists.  The sooner I read it the sooner I can post it & get credit for sending it.  I have around 8 books that are on Wish Lists so I have some reading to do--although a few might get sent off after I look at them a little closer & see if I have interest in reading them or not.

No comments: