Monday, March 1, 2010

Split Second--#14 finished

This is the 2nd in the Maggie O'Dell series by Alex Kava. Alex Kava is a Nebraskan, a small town girl that has since become a writer. I really enjoyed the first book, A Perfect Evil, this was was good but not as good though. I like the tough attractive FBI profiler character Maggie O'Dell, it is easy to cheer for her throughout the book. It just seemed like this story was forced out there. I will have to read the 3rd in the series and hopefully it will be better. The evil serial killer Stucky loomed in the background of the first book and in the 2nd he was the bad guy. The story did keep you a little off guard though because there were unanswered questions about Stucky's former business partner too. Like I said it seemed the book just wanted to tie up some loose ends with Stucky which it did. That is why I am kind of interested to see where a 3rd book goes. I don't have the 3rd book yet, I think I have either 4 or 5 though. No hurry to get it ordered though since I have many many books to be read right now also.

I haven't decided yet if I will be posting this book or not. I probably will but might give my mom first shot at it also.

Right now still working on Rising Tide, not quite at 200 pages yet. Also just started Bright Shiny Morning by James Frey. Might be adding a 3rd book tonight, will probably look at a few and see if one looks ready for me.

No comments: