Friday, September 24, 2010

Nancy Culpepper--#61 finished

I enjoyed this book, it talked about a girl that grew up in Kentucky on a small farm. She moved away for college and got married. I jumped back to Kentucky and went over her family while her mother was fighting cancer in the 1980s. It jumped to different points in her life with her family and her husband. It was a nice story, good writing. There was not a lot of action but what happened in the book made me think throughout about life itself and how we perceive ourselves. I enjoyed it but it certainly wasn't an exciting page turner or anything like that.

I will be posting it on PBS, there are no copies of it so I would guess it will move at some point maybe a month or two at most I would think. Still reading Monster of Florence and A Map of True Places, will probably be starting a 3rd book tonight.

No comments: