Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Triptych--#63finished

This is the first book in a series about Georgia Bureau of Investigations detective Will Trent. I had read the 2nd or 3rd in the series already, I think it was Blindsighted but don't quote me on that. That one I have already mailed off. I just picked up this book a month or so ago and wasn't planning on reading it so soon but just did. I really enjoyed it, good suspense, easy read kind of page turner. Will Trent and his on and off girlfriend Angie were orphans growing up and suffered much both physically & mentally. They have an on again & off again relationship sexually but are also the only people that really understand each other to. Will is dyslectic which is an interesting turn for an investigator and how he has learned to develop his system of doing things to manage. This one was really kind of a sick story about a teenager that was setup by his cousin for a rape & murder, does 20+ years and gets out. Cousin in mean time has become a detective and has continued his raping and killing ways and is now in the process of again setting up John who just got out of prison. Sick but good and interesting story.

I had it posted on PBS but there were 260 or more copies already in the mass media copy and more hard bound and other paperback versions as well. I have pulled it and will probably send it to my mom with all of the others I have gotten in for her. I am not sure I have mentioned it but I have been collecting Robert Parker, Sara Parensty(probably spelled wrong) and Margaret Truman books for my mom. I have over a dozen here and had 5 or 6 shipped directly to her already--so really building up her collection.

No comments: