Saturday, September 11, 2010

Wilderness--#58 finished

This is an old Robert B Parker book, written around 1979. I got it as part of a package order from the Book Bazaar, I think it was a 3 for 1 with some Margaret Truman books. These are all books that my mom is looking for. I thought I had it set to mail them straight to my mom but I must have messed it up and had them mailed to me instead. No big deal, I have other books to mail to mom so I will probably box up the whole thing & ship them off sometime in the next few weeks. I am waiting on one more book to come in also.

This book Wilderness was not too bad. A guy, a writer, witnesses a murder on a running path. He calls the police and IDs the bad guy and the bad guy is a real bad guy. When he gets home he finds his wife tied up and naked & he gets a call telling him to retract his statement of who did the murder. Well he does this but knows there will still be trouble. His neighbor is ex-military guy that joins in with them to plan the murder of the bad guy. It eventually happens after the neighbor is killed, the writer and his wife have to kill a group of 5 bad guys in the forest of Maine, the wilderness. Not too bad when it sticks with this story. It gets weird when it goes over the relationship of the writer & his wife--just not very good, not believable and is a real drag on the story. I don't know if this is something left from the time it was written where relationships were still in a kind of flux, certainly different kind of flux than today. Oh well.

I will not be posting it but as I mentioned earlier will be shipping to my mom. There are 19 copies still in the system so that is probably plenty for this book. Still reading The Doomsday Key, Boo and just starting The Map of True Places, probably won't add a 4th, at least not anytime soon.

No comments: