Sunday, July 31, 2011

The Back Nine--#43 finished

I hadn't expected to finish this book so quickly but I read some over the trip to NE & then polished it off last night & today. It is a pretty good read for a golf book. Much more enjoyable and less out there than Bagger Vance. The whole out there of Bagger Vance being a supernatural being that can see things in completely different ways or something like that really ruined that book for me. The movie was much better. This was just a root for the underdog golf book a good read. Not sure if the author has written anything else but will probably check to see.

I have already posted it on PBS & there are 6 copies ahead of it so not moving anytime soon. Not sure if I will be starting a 3rd book right away, I really need to spend some time on Boy A & The Passage since they have been pushed back by each new book I start reading.

No comments: