Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year

I hope everyone had a happy & safe New Year's Eve. We just hung out with Debbie's family, something we have been doing for the last several years. Don't really want to go out & party & spend money, much nicer to get together & play some cards. I have only watched about 5-10 minutes of football today, the bowl games & football altogether just hasn't been something I like spending time doing much anymore. Also with only one TV, it is usually easier to just have the cartoons on for the kids, I got to see the Sponge Bob movie again and it is still not very exciting.

I did get a run in today of 7 miles. It is cold & windy here and also a few snow flurries. It was tough running against the wind. I am just glad I got this run in, I need to get some miles built up after missing basically the last two weeks.

I did finish The Looking Glass War over the weekend so it is on my 2007 Books Read list. I am now just reading Cell the Stephen King novel. I am looking at a few others, Wuthering Heights is one I saw on my bookself & it has made it upstairs--but haven't started it yet and not sure if I will. Cell is getting interesting in the way King novels always seem to so might just keep at it & get it wrapped up sooner also.

I wanted to give some thought to this blog for the coming year, but haven't yet. In the back of my mind I am thinking about doing more than just basic journal entries, but haven't come up with anything else yet. Also, I do kind of enjoy the journal stuff, but figure it is pretty boring for anyone else that might stumble onto this. I will try to put some time into this & see what I come up with.

I also want to thank the people that have somehow found this blog and left a comment. It is always nice hearing for people. I have searched and read through a few other blogs but haven't left any comments yet--I really need to, because I enjoy getting them.

Enough for now I guess.

No comments: