Saturday, January 26, 2008

Saturday

Well I finally got back out there and did a run, first time in 12 days. I was able to get in 5 miles with a pace somewhere around 12:10. I went to a nearby park that is basically flat--I didn't want too much of a challenge today. The weather was supposed to have gotten up to around 50 today, but it still seemed to have a chill in the air when I was running--I was out from like 4:30 to 5:30. Glad I was able to just get this run in. I don't know if I will try to get another one in tomorrow or just wait for my Monday night PSR run.

I have kind of come up with a goal of reading 2 books a month--don't know if I can accomplish this all year or not, but would at least like to do so this first month. Since a Day in the Life of Ivan D is a shorter book I am focusing on it right now in an attempt to get it finished before January runs out. I will still try to get few pages read in Wuthering Heights also just to kind of keep it current in my mind.

One of these days I am going to figure out how to post pictures to this blog. Debbie--my wife--took a great photo of Thomas outside on our patio with a bunch of Ts written in sidewalk chalk all around him that he had just done himself. His writing progress has been seemingly slow he is making progress. Later I asked him to make each letter in his name and while the A, H and M were sloppy I could tell he was trying. He does his Os and he was out of room on the scrape paper to even try his S.

Creighton lost a tough game at Carbondale. It certainly looked like they had control of the game and then everything seemed to fall apart on offense. This along with some big shots by Carbondale put the game even with just a few minutes. Creighton in the end missed some key free throws and could get nothing else on offense going. It was a tough loss. I am not sure Creighton can get a bid to the NCAA anymore--looks like it will be down to winning the MVC tourney to get in. Creighton has a young team, so the future looks real promising, but still would like to see this team make the NCAAs and give them a taste of that experience to carry forward. The game was on ESPN2 so that is how I was actually able to see it, missed the first half, but caught the whole 2nd half.

I don't know how soon for pitchers and catchers to report, but I am starting it want baseball to get back up and running. There is really not much left as far as player movement to happen anymore other than some minor signings and the whole Santana trade if it happens. I don't expect the Cardinals to make anymore moves unless something just kind of falls into their lap. I wouldn't be surprised to see Kennedy moved and Miles installed at 2nd, but this isn't the right time for that move to happen. Kennedy could be a spring training trade but more likely a during the season trade is what I would expect. Since he missed time last year with an injury as well as just having a bad season, I don't think there is much of a market for him until he proves something in either spring training or early in the season.

Well, I'm off to get a few pages in before calling it a night.

No comments: