Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Fantasy Baseball

I had my fantasy baseball draft last night. I picked 8th out of 10 and was able to get Albert Pujols in the 1st round. I think most were worried about his elbow and if he would shut it down at some point this year. He has been kind of banged up each year and still manages to play just about every day. I think this year he will have a little more protection in the lineup with Troy Glaus and Ankiel basically replacing Rolen & Edmonds. Rolen had lost all power and Edmonds was too injured and too inconsistant. I am expecting a nice bounceback year from Albert if he stays healthy.

I don't have the sheet with my roster--I left it at work today. I know I have Sizemore, Cano & Manny Ramierez, Varitek, Webb--all players I had last year also. I also have Mike Young, Glaus, Izzy, Jenks, Thome, Posada, Fukudome, Hamilton, Pedroia, Lackey, Felix Hernandez and a couple of others that I am drawing a blank on right now. Zimmerman at 3rd also. I am pretty happy with my roster. I will have to put Lackey on the DL for a month or so and will have to pick up another starter in the first week. Just doing a quick look at it I probably am looking at last or close to it in steals again. This will probably be something I will have to address as the season goes on. I have a few more older players than I would like, so I am hoping on bounceback years probably more than I should. It is just kind of how the draft shook out. Maine I think is my last pitcher--that should be everyone then.

I am off work tomorrow and my wife is going shopping with the oldest. That means I will be home with the other two. I guess I will just have to keep them busy with their shows while I catch a little NCAA basketball. In years past I always wished I had this day off. This year I am really not very interested though. I know a large part of that is because the large conference schools are edging out the smaller conferences--especially my MVC. While I have to agree that Illinois State didn't have any big signature wins this year, their RPI of around 38 with a good SOS, finishing 2nd in the conference by themselves--should have been enough to get them a spot. I wasn't too surprised they were left on the outside though, that is just back to business as usual for the NCAA. I know that I have watched much much less college football lately than in past and the same can be said for college basketball. The exceptions to college basketball are for MVC or A10 games. To me there is just something unfair about how the NCAA runs itself--the large conferences run the show and I just don't like it or think it is fair.

Well, I am starting to fall asleep, but I want to get some pages in first. I didn't read last night because of my baseball draft so really need a few minutes at least tonight.

No comments: