Thursday, March 27, 2008

The Hobbit--done

I finished up The Hobbit a couple of nights ago. What a fun and just overly enjoyable read. I had read it back in college, not quite 20 years ago and while I remember liking it then, I don't think I had the prespective to really enjoy it. I was often brought back to the fact that it was first a story he told to his children, what a special imagination and impression this must have given his kids. I know our kids have a love for books, I only could dream about telling a story something like this for them. Of course, I am also looking forward to when Rose is willing to read this book, I am pretty sure she will like it also.

Still reading away on The Drifters. Haven't gotten my next book picked out yet. I will probably take a few minutes tonight and find some candidates. In fact I am going now to look, be back in a second.

Alright I found a few that I will be looking at: The Partner-Grisham, Plague Dogs-Richard Adams, The Witches of Eastwick-Updike, The Memory Keepers Daughter-Edwards, Ten Thousand Lovers-Ravel and The Planet Wizard-Jakes. One of these is most likely to be the next book I start. I other question is once I finish The Drifters do I start up on The Lord of the Rings? I might because I am looking forward to it already, but don't want to be reading it along with another long book. The Drifters at 700 some pages does qualify as long for me also--in case anyone reads this and was wondering.

Well, I just did a quick look through them and picked The Planet Wizard. Of course this doesn't really mean much at this point--once I get 20 or so pages into it is when it becomes more official. The others were longer for the most part and seemed to have a little more thinking involved--maybe not Grisham though on the thinking part. The Planet Wizard is the book Rose wanted to read about a month ago & I told her okay but that I would read it with her. Well she has not gotten around to it and is instead reading her fairy books--probably more her age than this one anyway. Well time to get a little reading in before going to sleep.

No comments: