Saturday, March 1, 2008

State Day - NE

Today is the day NE became a state, I think the year was 1861, but should probably check on that before quoting me. One of those things that has stuck in my brain since learning all about NE from growing up there.

Speaking of NE, Creighton won a big game tonight against Bradley, a double overtime thriller. This puts Creighton at 20 wins and 10 wins in conference for the season, continuing the streak that Altman & Creighton are on. The MVC tourney is coming up quick. I am not sure if this is the 10th or 11th straight year I will be at all of the games except for the 2 play-in games. The MVC tourney is just a lot of fun, you get to see good basketball, good coaching and lots of it. Can't wait.

I got 4 miles in today. I noticed that it was the first time I used my Garmin since Jan 26th. I only ran twice in Feb and both were inside at the Community Center. That was a sad month for running. I am looking forward to getting back into some consistant running now. Hopefully the weather will stay away from the cold, snow, freezing rain, etc that we have had all winter it seems.

I took my oldest, Rose to Borders today. She received some books for her birthday that she already had, so we went to exchange. She ended up returning 3 but was able to get 4, good deal for her. I also bought Bowerman and the Men of Oregon. This book was on my Christmas list but didn't get. I then figured I would use my old birthday money that I didn't spend on it and today was the day I finally did so. This means I now of the Hobbit as lined up next with a whole slew of other books just waiting for an opening.

I think I forgot to mention that we are now a 2 TV household, with 2 TVs hooked up to our dish. We had to change to Direct TV in order to get the deal we wanted, yes we got TIVO or DVR, I guess it is called. It was kind of funny that for 2 days after we cancelled DishNetwork, they called us about switching back. We told them we had called 3 times or so about what we wanted changed & how we wanted no charge or very minimum. Each time they said they couldn't do that, it would cost us upgrade fees and extra per month charges. After we quit them, now they can give us the deal we wanted and help with cancelling from Direct TV. Unfortunately, my wife talked to them both times, I wish I could have just laughed at them. Their customer service rep in India just didn't do the job they needed and they lost a customer. By the way we also got the movie channels for a couple of months thrown in as well. Only channel I know we aren't getting is CSTV, College Sports TV, not a big deal. SLU had a couple of games on it this year that I watched and I might have occasionally caught something else as well, but losing it is no big deal. I know we have extra channels also like Hist Int & VS for instance that I have already been checking up on.

No comments: