Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Nothing really--Goals??

Don't really have much in mind to type about tonight, but want to get something down. I have sort of a goal to hit double digits in postings each month this year. That kind of follows along with my goal of averaging 2 books read for each month this year--or read at least 24 books this year.

I guess this is as good a time as any to write out some of these goals that I have stored away in my head for this year.

1. Have at least 10 entries every month in my blog.

2. Read at least 24 books this year. Will accept fewer books read if I decide to read a couple of the longer books considering. Lord of the Rings & re-read of War & Peace.

3. I would like to run a 50k or maybe another ultra type race. There is also a 6 hr & 12 hr run in Sept that I might consider doing also. Of course, my running lately has been slow and inconsistant so this goal is a big question mark right now. This might end up being a fall 1/2 or full marathon also, will just have to see how summer running goes this year.

4. Start riding my bike to & from work at least once a week. I think this is attainable. I am hoping after the first time or two it will turn into no big deal.

5. Go to a college baseball game. The SLU games are free and were kind of fun to see. I had looked at the schedule and thought it might be tough to get to one of these. Might look into Wash U or UMSL also though. I think the kids might have fun doing this also.

6. Teach and play tennis with my daughter Rose. She didn't want to play softball this year and instead wants to play tennis. This is really a must for me. Not sure if Debbie would want to do this with Rose or not, guessing mostly not.

7. Plant a garden. It has been a couple of years since I had a few tomato plants. Want to do a few tomato plants again and maybe some onions and something else, just not sure what yet.

8. Take Rose fishing a few times this year. This could be either me & her or Debbie & her or the whole family. Not sure much fishing would get done with Thomas & Angie around, but might have to give it a try at least once at a local park around here.

9. Paint the garage. It needs to be scraped and painted. I don't want to be getting any notices from the city on this. I don't think it is that bad, but I don't want it getting much worse than it is either.

10. Can't think of anything else right now so I am officially leaving #10 open at this point.

By the way, no PSR yesterday because of Spring Break. I did run after work though, I got 3 very slow and overall just bad feeling miles in. Somewhere around 12:20 or so pace--not very pretty. It was cold and windy, I thought it was supposed to have been warmer. These cold days are just wearing me out.

The Hobbit is getting closer to being done, should have it wrapped up tonight or tomorrow. I don't think Lord of the Rings will be next though. I will probably look for something short and quick so I can put more time/effort into The Drifters.

No comments: