Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Big News

Thomas went #2 in the potty. Well, maybe finished up #2 in the potty might be more like it. Rose had her concert tonight at the high school with 3 groups, the elementary kids, middle school kids & high school kids all doing songs. It started late and went past 8:30. It was pretty good, probably as good as it could sound in a gym. Well once we got home, Thomas took off for the basement, once I realized where he was at, I knew what he was up to. I caught him squatting at the bottom of the stairs. I grabbed him and carried him into the bathroom. Part of it was already in his pull up, but I set him on the toliet anyway figuring more could come. It did come also, about 5 minutes later. We, the whole household, was so excited. Thomas seemed excited also. He got a cookie tonight then and he will also get to watch Sponge Bob now. I don't know if this will carry over and continue, but it is a start, something we have really been needing.

We also had Thomas' IEP today. It went really well, everyone in the room was very supportive and wanting what was best for Thomas. I have heard/read about horror stories at IEPs but we really have had no problems. While our school district might not be seen as one of the top in the area, I certainly see it as one with the way our kids have been treated. Of course all we have seen is early childhood classroom and one grade school, but they have certainly been impressive. Also throw in the music program that Rose is part of that is district wide as well.

I am getting tired, it has been a long day. I am not sure if I am going to read any more tonight either, that is how tired I am feeling. Of course, I did read a little before stopping to get on the computer.

No comments: