Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Stuff

Well, I don't really have anything to type up tonight, but since one of my goals was double digit entries in my blog each month I have to get something down. I just did my bullet point run-through a couple of posts ago so can't really redo that either. I guess I will just touch on a couple of things.

First, my old mainstay for postings, what I am reading. I am still working on The Lord of the Rings and figure I will be for some time yet. Frodo and all have just left the Elf land of Rivenhall or something like that. Since I have seen the 3 movies, I know I have a very long way to go. As I have mentioned in earlier posts, I am enjoying the book a lot, but it is not an easy page turner, it is slow going on reading.

The other book I am reading right now is Ten Thousand Lovers by Edeet Ravel. I need to start putting more time into it. Right now it gets very little attention with Rings dominating my time. I am around 80 pages in and still don't really know what to think yet. The two main characters don't seemed really defined and I am not sure the point or where this book is going. Don't get me wrong, those are not criticisms, I don't mind that things are not laid out cleanly in a book, it is just that I am not really sure yet what I have with Ten Thousand Lovers. I really need to spend a night/time and read about 40-50 pages all at once in this book to probably get into the flow better. The 5 to 10 pages every once in a while is not a good way to read a book.

The other thing I was going to touch on was my running or lack of it lately. Monday night PSR was a no go. It was a little chilly out and while I was dressed for running I just didn't feel like it after dropping off the kids. Instead I stopped at BK and got a couple of hamburgers and some onion rings and read the Monday newspaper and listened to the Cardinal game. I know just kind of lazy. Last week I did buy new shoes, but when I put them on Saturday afternoon--after being on my feet all morning--they seemed tight. I went tonight to exchange them for 4E size and of course those are not in stock. The store is ordering them in and sometime next week I should get them.

I need to print out a training schedule for a 5k and stick with it for a month I think. There is a 5k/10k race on Memorial Day at U-City that I want to look at doing so I really need to make this happen. Nothing being done on the bike front either. I has been about 3 weeks since I pulled the bike out for a ride also. I am off this Friday again so hopefully I can get a run in and a bike ride in that day.

Well, nothing exciting really but with this entry I am at 10 for the month. Need to enjoy the small victories sometimes.

No comments: