Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Bullet Point Time

Don't really have any one or two things to talk about so I will just hit on a bunch of things going on.

--Running has really been a chore the last couple of weeks. I thought at first it was my not getting enough air into lungs--the first mile or two were really tough. Now I am figuring I am just more out of shape than I wanted to believe. I did 5 miles on a hilly course on Saturday and did 3 more on PSR night Monday. Both runs were still tough but I know I just have to keep at it and it will get better.

--No idea about upcoming races. For reason see above. I just don't know when I will feel I am in shape enough to pay for and line up to do a race. There is a mini-tri at the end of May a friend from work is probably doing. That would be interesting, but not sure I could get any swimming in or enough biking and even running to do it. It is like 6 laps of swimming, 6 miles of biking and 3 miles running.

--I haven't biked in over 2 weeks. With my running troubles, biking has gotten thrown into the background.

--Reading Lord of the Rings and Ten Thousand Lovers still. Getting a few pages in one or the other each night but overall progress is slow. I am enjoying Lord of the Rings a lot as I kind of thought I would. I just wish I could read it faster, but so far it is a slow read for me at least.

--No tennis since last post. I tried to get Rose out Sunday night but she wanted to stay home instead. We were together with family and playing outside all day Sunday so I didn't push it too much. Not sure when the next tennis get together will be.

--We did a trivia night on Saturday and our team came in tied for 2nd, 3rd after the tiebreaker figured in. It was fun and I had a few good answers that no one else at the table had. It was nice getting out of the house without the kids also. We do need to do that more than we have been.

--My fantasy baseball team is kind of coming around. I am still waiting on John Lackey to come back from injury, his addition should really help my pitching--which really needs it. I am also waiting on a couple of my hitters to get started, slow starts make it tough because you are not really sure how long to stick with them. Cano is probably my slowest starter, but given what I have heard about his stats--balls in play & line drive %, he should be out of this funk shortly.

I am sure there are other things, but since I want to get some reading in, this will do it for tonight.

No comments: