Sunday, April 6, 2008

Goals -- check in

Well, #6 got started, that is play tennis with my daughter Rose. Tonight we knocked it back & forth for probably an hour. It was a lot of fun for both of us. Rose used her new Barbie racket and I found an old racket at my in-laws. I thought we had a can of balls somewhere around our house, but I couldn't find it. All I could find was a pink & yellow tennis ball for a velcro paddle game. It worked alright, but afterwards we found another ball in the bushes, so now have at least one ball. Hopefully will get to the store and pick up a new pack as well. I hope we find time to get out at least once a week to play a little. Still not sure if Debbie wants in on this or not, her knees aren't the best so maybe not.

Next could be #8, the fishing with the kids one. Debbie will be calling the Albert Pujols Family Foundation on Monday about an email she got from them. They are sponsoring a fishing day/tournament at Busch Wildlife this coming Saturday. Not sure if it is only for the kids with Down Syndrome or for the whole family yet. Also don't know time, but Debbie is pretty excited about this. I think we will find a babysitter for Angie either way, I don't think she is really ready yet for this. Also it would then be one on one with Debbie & me with Rose & Thomas, a lot easier to handle.

On the running front, not sure which number that is. I ran a terrible 2 miles on Thursday in the rain. I could not figure out why it was so bad, I could hardly breath the whole first mile and when it started raining harder on the 2nd, I called it. Afterwards I remembered I gave blood on Wednesday, so I am kind of chalking it up to that. On Saturday, I went to Creve Coeur Lake and did the short route around for 4 miles, the last mile including up and down the stairs near the entrance--these were around .12 up. The first mile was tough still, but it did get easier as it went, at least until the stairs. I need to check the race calendar and find a good 5k in the next month or so to get my training focused on that.

No bike riding this weekend, throwing it on the back burner for now to get my running and other stuff underway.

Still reading my two books, The Drifters and The Planet Wizard and started a 3rd All Moms Go To Heaven. The All Moms book is a library book that Debbie read and said that I had to read. I have gotten a couple of chapers into it and so far okay just. I am down to around 40 pages left on The Planet Wizard so should wrap it up in the next day or so. On The Drifters, I still have around 140 pages, so a week or two to go or somewhere in that range.

I watched the 2nd Lord of the Rings movie with Rose Saturday night and she enjoyed it and even better no nightmares. I don't know if she will start reading The Hobbit or not but could be a step closer to doing so. The 3rd part was on tonight but didn't realize it until the kids were all in bed. That is probably for the best since they have school tomorrow. Also I want her to be interested in The Hobbit and reading it before watching all of The Lord of the Rings trilogy.

Well I think I will try to get a few more pages in before calling it a night.

No comments: