Sunday, May 4, 2008

Birthday Weekend

Our youngest, Angela or Angie, is turning 3 on Monday, so this was her birthday weekend. Sunday ended up being a great day for playing at the park. Rather than do a normal Sunday with having everyone over, Debbie & her sister in law decided to do this at a park. Debbie nephew's birthday was last week, so we did the combined party thing. The weather was perfect and the kids played and played. A very good day for all. Of course Angie just loved it since there was plenty of people around and always something to do. Thomas wore me out, but I knew that would happen going in.

No run this weekend or last week for that matter. I haven't run since Saturday 4/26. I did ride the bike for a while after we got back from the park. We needed diapers for Angie & pullups for Thomas, I was about to drive to Walgreens when I figured I could just go by bike instead. It is probably close to a mile round trip. I don't have a bike lock, so I got in & out kind of quick. Not that I really thought anyone would take my dusting old bike, but I didn't want to leave it open for the opportunity very long either. After I got back from the store I checked with Rose about tennis & she opted for the Star Wars movie she was watching with Debbie. I went back out and rode the bike for about another 1/2 hour. I am guessing somewhere around 4 1/2 miles or so in total including the Walgreens trip. Not too bad, I wasn't really winded or anything, of course I did try to avoid any large hills also. Not sure if I will get a run in tomorrow night or not since it is Angie's birthday, we might skip out on PSR and do a dinner somewhere instead with the family.

Cardinals took 2 out of 3 against the Cubs this weekend. I am still not sure this team has enough to win the division but I think they have shown they are no where near the bottom of the division as some/many were predicting earlier. The team is playing good ball right now, but it has been a lot of home games so far, on the road is where this team will have to prove themselves. Also this team must stay healthy, especially in key spots like Molina at catcher, Pujols and Glaus--there just isn't anyone on the roster or at AAA that could replace these players if they get injured. Glaus is in a bad hitting slump right now, but I am not worried, today he seemed closer to producing than what he looked like at the end of last week. Glaus' defense has been really solid, something I was more worried about. Defense is very important to this team because besides Wainwright, our so so pitchers have been playing over their heads and the defense is a large reason for this.

Well that should do if for a first post of May.

No comments: