Sunday, May 18, 2008

Exercise Night

I missed out on running Saturday and for most of Sunday, but when late afternoon came around I finally got some exercise this weekend. I ran 6 miles at around 12:10 or so pace--my Garmin messed up on mile 5. Then once I got home, I went for a short bike ride of 15 minutes or so to Walgreens to get diapers for Thomas & Angie. Once I got back, Debbie & the kids were getting together for a walk--Rose rode her bike. Thomas & Angie just rode in the wagon, we didn't even bother putting shoes on them. A couple of times when Rose rode ahead, Debbie actually started running after her, not a sprint but just a nice slow jog. She probably ran around 3 blocks which is the farthest I think I have ever seen her run. I encouraged her to keep at it, but we will just have to see if she wants to stick with it.

Cards took 2 of 3 from the Rays, a very good team from the AL East. Now they are going on a west coast trip with 3 games in San Diego and 3 games in LA against the Dodgers. This team will have to start performing well on the road if they are going to be real contenders this year. I was really surprised they got 2 from the Rays the way the Cards had been playing and with all of the talent on that Rays team. Of course we missed out on the Rays top 2 starting pitchers also, so that certainly didn't hurt us this weekend. With a west coast trip here, I love late night baseball. If I can just stay awake, I get to watch the games in relative peace and quiet with everyone else in the house asleep or soon after the first pitch.

No PSR run tomorrow, it is the last PSR of the year and there is no class only a Mass. There goes my closest to a sure thing time slot for a run each week until late August. Oh well, with my stated goal of riding my bike to work, I think Debbie is understanding that I want to remain serious in running and biking this summer--at least I hope so.

No comments: